8.10.2004

Outplayed, plain and simple. A Poker Epitaph?

I read numerous blogs about the huge winnings, glorious plays, astronomical suckout badbeats and something is missing. A pure, honest, no punches pulled, ditty of how I simply got outplayed 2 days ago. No flowers, no cute puppies, no dotting the i's with hearts, just down and dirty.....

***** Hand History for Game *****
400/800 TourneyTexasHTGameTable (NL) (Tournament ) - Sun Aug 08 17:59:14 EDT 2004Table Three Table
Table 1 (Real Money) --
Seat 4 is the button
Total number of players : 6
Seat 1: (260)
Seat 2: (10694)
Seat 4: (9692)
Seat 6: (4765)
Seat 7: ME(1660)
Seat 10: (2929)

xxxxxx posts small blind (200)
ME posts big blind (400)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to ME[ Jd, 8c ]
xxxxx folds.
xxxxx folds.
xxxxx folds.
xxxxx calls (400)
xxxxx folds.
ME checks.
** Dealing Flop ** :
[ 7h, 9d, Qh ]
ME checks.
xxxxx checks.
** Dealing Turn ** :
[ Jh ] ME checks.
xxxxx checks.
** Dealing River ** : [ 8s ]
ME bets (600)
xxxxx raises (1400) to 1400
ME calls (660)
ME is all-In.
Creating Main Pot with $3520 with ME
** Summary **Main Pot: 3520 Side Pot 1: 140
Board: [ 7h 9d Qh Jh 8s ]
xxxxx balance 260, didn't bet (folded)
xxxxx balance 10694, didn't bet (folded)
xxxxx balance 11552, bet 1800, collected 3660, net +1860
[ 5h Ah ] [ a flush, ace high -- Ah,Qh,Jh,7h,5h ]
xxxxx balance 4565,
lost 200 (folded)
ME balance 0, lost 1660 [ Jd 8c ] [ two pairs, jacks and eights -- Qh,Jd,Jh,8c,8s ]

Yep OUTPLAYED and if you notice seat 1 has only 260 left and the blinds are 400/800.
(I kept telling myself you can fold into the money, you can fold into the money)

Want to hear the part that rubs salt into the wound??

Do ya? Do ya? you sick sob's, you enjoy my pain don't you. This miracle of card wizardy that I uncorked led me to finish in 6th place netting 0.00 and they paid top 5 places.

Would the collective world of poker bloggers kick me squarely in the a$$? Twice?

Lesson learned.

Ok now that the pain of confession is over, I got an idea that I need you help with. (I thought about it while cutting the grass the other day, do you think pro poker players mow their own grass, ahh well that better saved for another post).

What would you want your Poker Epitaph to be?

Just email me your epitaph, (no attachments please) and I cull them together into an Iggy "uber-post" and hell I'll even send the winner (I'll be the judge, $crew you! I thought of it) a.............
a......... (looking around the room) a......prize to to be determined later. (It's not gonna be a million dollars, or anything like that, but I'll dig something up poker related, and send it to the winner.

Sound fun or was I in the sun too long? If you read this, pass the word to another poker blogger.
Deadline for Epitaph's will be August 25th.

save me a seat at the final table (doh! I was at the final table)

uwannabet?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.