9.24.2004

Things I know....err rant, err random thoughts err...

I've been a bit lax in the posting arena (sorry to both of my readers, and Mom you can't fool me I know your IP address!) But blah blah blah work, blah blah blah work, unless you are the oil boy on the SI Swimsuit/Maxim/Stuff set of a photo shoot your job sucks. It's life, you work, you hate it, you go on.

I jumped into the pool at Stars and of course here's my take.
Stars is a tougher site, but like any place you play there are fish, they just don't seem to school as much at Stars. I don't particularly like the graphics, if I never see a stoopid picture icon again it will be too soon. Some of these people got to realize, I don't care what you look like, you are not attractive, I'd rather not see a picture of your frickin pet, I don't care what hockey/baseball/basketball/football team you like, I could care less. So run right out and post your picture on your Stars account, please do it just makes it easier for me to remember how you play (well that and notes). The variety of games is nice, I have yet to play in a bigger tourney, so I'll reserve judgment on that area. (by the way they are offering a deposit bonus of 20% right now, go get you some).

Now where was I... Ahh the Invitational tourney, can you say chop, chop. I'd have done a deal in a heartbeat, especially since second gets you zilcho. A million dollar chop not to shabby. I wonder if no deal was done, (and of course no one will ever know), will it eat away at Phil more to get cracked by Annie or if he got slapped around by Greg? Either way he is the show, the image, the love to hate, larger than life walking circus. I love some of his plays, but it's almost like he goes out of his way to outplay you with a marginal hand. He's what people want to see, whether it be seeing him lose or seeing him bust someone and then shower them with critiques of how bad they played it. He's a show. Doyle even got in a few jabs, about Phil posing for camera time.

If I never see or hear about the Crew it will be too soon. Let me repeat, If I never see or hear about the Crew it will be too soon. That's all the space they deserve here, and that's all they get.

Dan Harrington's bluff in the WSOP was the best move I've seen.

The more you play the better you (hopefully) will get. If you play with fish all the time you are bound to start smelling a little fishy. Everyone should, no must balance out their play. You must play players that are better than you to achieve the next level in your game.

Norm Chad is an idiot, but I must admit, over the course of the WSOP he did get a little better. He just has to learn when to stop, hell I even laughed a couple of times.

There are waaayyy too many good poker blogs to read. Let me repeat, there are way too many good poker blogs to read. I sit down to blog and end up reading for an hour and a half. Youse guyze is goot.

Gin and Tonic is the best drink in the world.

If they don't raise the buy-in to the WSOP it will get out of control.
Next year there will be 5500 players.
We may never see another back to back champion in our life time.
I will play in the WSOP main event before I die.

These are things I know.

Save me a seat at the final table

Uwannabet?








2 Comments:

At 9:24 AM , Blogger DuggleBogey said...

You are absolutely right.

About Gin and tonic. You're wrong about everything else.

Just kidding! Funny post. Harrington's first bluff was great. The second one, the one he went out on? Not as good.

I like your blog, and yes, i wanna bet.

 
At 7:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

great site, Cool, I'll add you to my favorites and link up to you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.