4.22.2005

Sick and tired

I've been lax in posting & unlike some I won't apologize for not posting (like my two readers would care). Nonetheless, I'm on one ugly slide and the bankroll has been crying like a kindergarten class that woke up early from naptime.

I just cannot win.

It's an impossibility at the moment. Suckouts, bad beats, coinflips, splitpots, one-outers, you name it. I'll bet it's that infamous "cashout curse" I've heard so much about. (I kid I kid)
I'm starting to think that the play of sooo many of these aquarium swimmers has warped my brain. This morning while on PP I'm dealt A-A and give it an average pre-flop raise (the way things have been running I'm scared to slow-play anything).

One caller, flop is K-3-7 rainbow.
I bet half of the pot, called instantly. (here I'm expecting A-K or K-Q)
turn is J, I bet a pot sized bet, called instantly. (right her I'm expecting a set)
River Q. I say screw it, if he's hit the set I'll pay it off, called instantly.

He flips Q-Q, calling everything I threw at him with an over on the BOARD.
How the hell are you supposed to combat that?

It's not like this has been a once in a while occurrence, it's every friggin day. Are the players getting worse and being rewarded for it? It's absolutely unreal.

Fast forward to FT later that same morning. I hopped on a 6-handed 2/4 game.
Dealt Q-Q, raise it, get called by the BB. Flop is Q-3-5 rainbow.
He bets out, I raise, he reraises.
Turn J, he bets out, I raise, he reraises.
River 7 he bets out, I raise, he reraises.
He flips 4-6 for the straight.
How the hell are you supposed to combat that?

It's starting to feel like I'm playing at a table of Gus Hansens after they have finished off a case of Ho-Ho's and chased it down with a 12 pack of Mt Dew. WTF? Do these guys sit down and smoke a huge rock of crack while watching Gus highlight films and decide to cozy up next to me at the digital felt? Who plays that crap and why do they all seem to be sitting at my table? Remember the good ol days when people would actually fold?

To steal a few lines from some better know bloggers...... Sweet Jebus I hope you get kicked in the junk and may your micropenis shrivel up and fall off as a result of nut cancer.

Ahh there I said it and now I feel much better. Thanks for the virtual shoulder to cry on.

save me a seat at the final table

8 Comments:

At 12:54 PM , Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

Im with you, lets both quit and take up crochet.

 
At 11:53 AM , Blogger Pokerwolf said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:46 PM , Blogger Pauly said...

Hang in there....

 
At 10:55 PM , Blogger Ignatious said...

please email me for this weekend - pauly is gonna be in cincy. you get to pound a beer with the doctor and i if you want.

 
At 5:26 PM , Blogger Pauly said...

ditto what iggy said

 
At 4:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was cathartic...felt like I was looking in a mirror...or something like that.

 
At 4:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing as it's always nice to know you're not alone. from online play to the commerce in LA last week to our home game here in ATL, i'm getting similar knocks. I'm beginning to reevaluate a lot of my starters and when to push and when to pull based on the style of play that's out there now.

 
At 10:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just another hobby you know just enough about to be dangerous.

Push the small edges, or get out.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.