3.19.2005

The sweet smell of victory

Recently, I have been the grindest grinder in grindville and it's paid off. I've focused on clearing my FT bonus (my that's a monster to clear) and playing solid ABC poker.
(no life altering revelations there)

Last time out I mentioned playing in the ESPN poker Sunday qualifier, I decided to do this for two reasons.
1) it allows me to play without abandon, i.e. no monetary swings while, getting the "tilt" factor out of my system. We all have that"tilt" gene hiding deep within our soul that rears it's ugly head at the most inopportune times.

2) 90% of these players are horrible, scratch that, inconceivably horrible. So if I happen to get lucky and win something so be it.

Speaking of winning something (cue the music, this is where it all ties together)
After playing last Sunday's qualifier (finishing 47th of 1257) I get this email from ESPN:
===========================================
Thank you for playing in the ESPN Poker Club.
Congrats on winning the Sunday Qualifier Third Prize.

Please go here: (of course I'm not going to post the link)

Sunday Qualifier Third Prizes*
Those that place 51st-250th in a Sunday Qualifier will receive the Sunday Qualifier Third Prize package. (ARV $2.00)

Package Includes:• A stick of Degree deodorant
=====================================
Now that's the sweet smell of victory.

save me a seat at the final table

2 Comments:

At 11:46 AM , Blogger StB said...

If you finished 47th, why did they give you a prize in the 51 and up range? What did the second place range get? Two sticks?

 
At 7:50 PM , Blogger Uwannabet? said...

apparently, the base the prizes on the field and while they ran 3 tournaments on Sunday they actually take the top 50 from ALL players in the Sunday Qualifyers (they add another tournament of 1500 when one fills up) i.e. you can finish 47th in one but when they combine all of the players in the 3 tourneys your overall ranking is much lower. I had to re-read their "Official Rules" to figure out why I did not get placed higher.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.