4.03.2005

Poker ADD, Hotel Tycoon, Email, WPBT, and Damn it's cold

I just placed third in a WSOP sub-qualifier, with the brutal, let me repeat BRUTAL, beats I've been suffering over the last week. I consider it a small moral victory. Have I been playing a different game? nope. Have I been playing at a different level? nope. Have I had my A-A cracked 12 times in the last week alone, yep.
(the best was by 2-9os in heads up play for a full buy-in, Oh yeah Mr. 2-9os hit a flush, WITH THE 2, ugh).

You may be asking your self, "Self how did Uwannabet? Place third in a sub-qualifier with such cold cards?" By simply folding, it was like playing poker with 9 ADD riddled, soaked to the gills with sugar, 10 year olds that just found out that Mom forgot to buy decaffeinated soda. I played one hand the entire tourney, 5-5 on the button with 3 of us left, I pushed the remaining 300 or so chips in just to be called down by both players (4-9os) & (A-Qos). Mr A-Q hit a Q on the river.
Ta-Da third.
------------------------
Dear Webmaster,
We have a hotel site for Europe that has a high Page Rank for our directory/links pagesI suggest you link exchange that will be mutually beneficial. If you are interested please contact me and I will give you all the relevant details.If we got the wrong person please pass this on to your webmaster so he can deal with our request.
(Damn how did they find me? no one, absolutely no one knows I'm a hotel tycoon)
-------------------------
Ever send yourself a "reminder email" from your work email to your personal email?Then later that evening you sign on and you get a little excited thinking wow that's a lot of emails & find out that 3 of the 13 are from you, one exposing me as a hotel tycoon,5 are spam, 2 from your mom, and the last 2 are from Full Tilt.(kinda sad)
--------------------------
WPBT I finished 70 something (BOOOO), I just couldn't get into a groove. Plus believe it or not (with all the playing I've been doing lately, I'm getting a little burnt) I wasn't really in the mood to play (gasp). I might take a few days off from the digital felt and aww screw that...I'll see you at the tables.
--------------------------
It's cold in here....
So yesterday I played in a live tourney at a local school (they run 2 tournaments a year to raise funds for the school). It's a great set up the buy-in is 200 (no re-buys, thank god), they slate the field to be 300 and top payout is 10,000. It's run very well, with your entry you get free food, free beer, soft drinks etc.

The tourney started at noon, and right off the bat I could tell by the parking lot there was no way the field was going to be 300. After signing in, getting my chips and table assignment I went over to one of the volunteer workers and asked about how many they were expecting. I was answered with"we should have about 100." After talking with him for a few minutes I find out that there is no less than three other fund raising/charity type tournaments being run on the same day. Cut that juicy prize money down by 2/3rds, but it's a fun tourney.

I've played in two previous events that this school has hosted and the typical field of players run the complete gamut, total novice to really skilled. It's fairly easy to spot the low end of the totem pole at the table and punish them from the start. The blinds start off at 5/10 (you start with 400) and the blinds don't change for two hours. A good time to amass chips when the play is less than stellar.

I saw no two playable cards for 2 hours and 45 minutes, during that time I saw an unraised flop from the BB 3 times, and everytime an overcard, or two was present. Others at the table were reeling of full houses, straights, trips like plucking apples from the low branches. It was possibly the most frustrating two hours and forty-five minutes ever.

I played one hand to the showdown K-Qos from the BB vs SB, flop was K-6-6. He checked I bet 25, he called (not what I'd hoped). He bet 25, I raised to 100 (hoping to find out if I was in deep doodoo or if it looked to be a split pot). He called (ugh). He checked the river as did I and flipped over 6-2os. He wasn't looking to trap either this guy really did not grasp the fact if he checked & I checked there was no more betting.

I finished around 60something having won 0 pots, no blinds, no small pots, ZERO pots.

save me a seat at the table that has a deck with face cards

1 Comments:

At 3:36 PM , Blogger Ignatious said...

was it st rita's that you played at?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.