7.30.2008

Big Six #1

Here's the first featured respondent of Big Six




When & what started you playing poker?

Started playing five card draw poker when I was about 3 or 4. My grandfather taught me and my brothers to play, and we were playing poker before we could read. I don't think we ever saw anything bigger than three of a kind, but it was worth it. As for properly playing poker, I'd say about 1999 after seeing this little movie you probably haven't heard of called Rounders. That was my introduction to Texas Holdem, and even if everyone has seen every possible permutation of hands and beats holdem has to offer five times, it's still my preferred game.

First poker blog you read?

Was Iggy's. Through a link on Fark.com. I signed up to Party Poker through bonus code Iggy too. On my site, the links to other blogs are actually in the reverse order that I discovered them.

Will online poker become legal, illegal, or no change?


Too much money for it to become illegal - much like trying to ban tobacco or alcohol. There will be a small change I think but nothing major for the time being. Maybe by the time Obama is going into his second term?

One thing you could change about Poker what would it be?

Sad to say, ever since the whole UB/Absolute scandal, I just wish there was a way I could be guaranteed 100% security. Where there is money, there will also be cheats but when one security breach occurs, it's not just the guilty site that suffers, the entire industry does. It confirms the fears that every Joe-normal player has and scares off the new fish coming through. Oh, and I would change the google rules so I could keep my sponsors...now more than ever!

Dead or Alive: One person you would like to play poker with? Why?

Wild Bill Hicock. Because I think I could beat Aces-up. But honestly the guys at the regular home game I used to attend before the Little distraction came along are a great bunch of guys - for the most part, the regulars are guys that will be having a drink, telling lies and laughing it up regardless of if they are down five buy ins, break even or in front.

Vanilla or chocolate?

Chocolate. Vanilla is not a flavour, it is the absence of flavour. If the world of flavour was the Sistine Chapel, vanilla would be the ceiling before Michelangelo started. Chocolate would be the under coat, and the finished product would be whatever flavour that floats your boat. My vote is not on the strength of chocolate - though is possesses many qualities that I find admiral - but more a vote against the tyranny of vanilla.*

Stay tuned & we'll be featuring a few more of your internet brethren shortly.

*Editor's note: I almost immediately disqualified him when I became aware of of his anti-vanilla stance, but he's a good bloke so we'll let him slide.

1 Comments:

At 4:02 AM , Blogger Heafy said...

You cloud your audience in lis and half truths! Let it be known, Chocolate will beat vanilla and be Obama's Vice President running mate.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.