1.22.2005

Go to the garage and get my hammer...

After hitting a string of good hands early and showing them down last night, I got the table to respect most any raise that I put in pre-flop. So after sitting a few orbits without any good starters, I figure it's a good time to steal a bit......and of course it's going to be a steal with the hammer. This guy had been a little loose the whole time at the table. Someone forgot to tell this guy that he should fold when I raise, but just look at the results.

$25 NL Hold'em
Seat 9 is the button
Seat 1: Somedude ( $69.15 )
Seat 2: Surferdude ( $24 )
Seat 5: Otherdude ( $23.75 )
Seat 6: Dude ( $40.08 )
Seat 7: Islanddude ( $74.06 )
Seat 9: Uwannabet? ( $60.97 )
Seat 4: Moondude ( $82.98 )
Seat 8: TheDude ( $45.67 )
Seat 10: NewDude ( $19.5 )
Seat 3: Spacedude ( $26.05 )

NewDude posts small blind [$0.25].
Somedude posts big blind [$0.5].

** Dealing down cards **

Dealt to Uwannabet? [ 2s 7s ]
Surferdude folds.
Spacedude folds.
Moondude folds.
Otherdude folds.
Dude calls [$0.5].
Islanddude folds.
TheDude folds.

Uwannabet? raises [$3].
NewDude folds.
Somedude calls [$2.5].
Dude folds.

** Dealing Flop ** [ Kd, Ac, 8s ]

Somedude checks.
Uwannabet? bets [$4].
Somedude calls [$4].

** Dealing Turn ** [ 9s ]

Somedude checks.
Uwannabet? checks.

** Dealing River ** [ Ts ]

Somedude checks.
Uwannabet? bets [$5].
Somedude calls [$5].

Uwannabet? shows [ 2s, 7s ] a flush, ten high.
Somedude doesn't show [ Ks, Jd ] a pair of kings.
Uwannabet? wins $23.55 from the main pot with a flush, ten high

That oughta teach him to call me down with an overcard on the board, and I know what you are all thinking.. It's not the true hammer, I was sOOted but many times in life you just gotta dance with the one who brought you.
I decided to push the hand to a showdown (as cheaply as possible) to get a little action later down the road, most of my pre-flop raises were folded to me, and it never hurts to do a little advertising once and a while.

By the way if you haven't heard (you must be living under a rock) but the next installment of the WPBT is scheduled, stop by Iggy's Guinness and Poker for the details. I just might have to come up with a bounty for myself, like I need to give youse guyz motivation to knock me out, but nonetheless I'll think one up.

Yo FilmGeek this is for you.......well maybe it was for me too, but it's the thought that counts.
Go forth and kick arse..

save me a seat a the final table







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.