8.20.2008

Big Six #5






When & what started you playing poker?

I always loved to play cards but never poker until I got into a game a few years ago with all the late-night desk guys at the paper. This was way before the poker craze, so we played 5 and 7 card stuff, wild cards. I was amazed at how you could play all these different games of poker.

Well, a couple years later, I began playing one night a week, .5/.10 blinds. I used to think "Why would you watch Poker on TV? It's so boring." But then I started to look forward to the hold em games quite a bit. And then my friend who was hosting told me about pokerroom.com. I played with play money there for a year, brought my bankroll up to a million, then read a lot of books and put in a deposit of $50. I never had to deposit again.

First poker blog you read?

It was Poker Geek's, but now it's dead. Or was he Poker Nerd? Chris Hanel was his name. Still one of the best I've read. That led me to Pot Committed and Tao of Poker.

Will online poker become legal, illegal, or no change?

I can't see the feds not legalizing online poker and wasting all that tax revenue with the economy beginning to shit. I really think we're in for some hard times and poker is too much of a moneymaker. The only problem with that is the tax will eat into our profits and make it difficult for decent but winning players like me to keep winning.



One thing you could change about Poker what would it be?

Not so many douchebags on national TV and make the limits universal. In Colorado we have $2/5 spread limit and that's it and it sucks.


Dead or Alive: One person you would like to play poker with? Why?

Jennifer Harman. We could talk about what it's like to raise twins and trade tips.

Vanilla or chocolate?

Peanut Butter flavored ice cream rocks

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.